I told her that the baby was floating in water ("TINKLES!" Jack shrieked from his side of the room) and that her sister is naked. The look on her face was priceless. Head reared back, eyes bulging, she bellowed, "NAKED???" I told her that all babies are naked in their mommies' bellies and that they don't need clothes to keep them warm until they are born. She was stunned, flummoxed and deeply suspicious of my maternal skills. How could I let her stister be naked? Hadn't I just said that she herself, a big girl and NOT a little baby, needed to dress warmly since it is so cold? What kind of mother am I? I promised to drink lots of warm tea today. That somewhat mollified her. I expect to be buried under every blanket in the house whenever I sit down until she moves onto the next stage in her Sheemee learning experience.
1 comment:
I'm imagining this convo with my little 3yo nudist -- who would be like, "AWESOME, Mom! Why can't I be naked, too?!"
Post a Comment