After hearing the question for the 1,638, 740th time last night, I told her that it is way too soon for the baby to come, that she needs to stay in my belly and keep growing bigger and stronger. Nattie did her eyes-up-to-the-side head tilt, the one that shows she's really thinking about what she heard, and said, "How much bigger?" Not sure how to explain pounds to a 3 year old, I told her that the baby would have to get bigger than her doll and that Sheemee will come out when there is no room left in me. Again the thinking look and then she asked, "Will she grow until she's in your throat? Because you won't be able to swallow, Mama!" She flounced off in a huff when I laughed. Anyone who has been pregnant until the bitter end knows that although the baby doesn't grow up into your throat, it certainly feels that way sometimes! Not something to share with a child though. I want grandchildren someday.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Hurry Up, Stister
Natalie is so excited about her "stister" coming. She pats my belly, sings to it and asks daily when "her" baby will get here. When we are shopping, she always wants to buy clothes and toys for stister, actually more often than she wants to buy things for herself. With each passing week, she grows more impatient for the arrival of "her" baby. Jack understands "not until after Valentine's Day and Mommy's birthday" but the Madam has no concept of time passing. She is so frustrated, sure the baby wants to play with her and wondering what the heck she is doing in there. (Drinking her own tinkles, according to Jack who cackles like a hyena each and every time he says so.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um, I'm pretty sure that Hayden grew until he was all the way up into my throat -- 10.5 lbs of baby doesn't fit so well, no matter how large the mommy-vessel!
I'm so thrilled that Nattie is excited for her sister. I can't wait to see her with Sheemee!
Post a Comment