Yesterday was a big day in Tobinville. Jack rocked the bells harder than LL Cool J in his preschool's Christmas show during The Ringing of the Bells and sang his heart out to the rest of his class's songs, taking a solo bow after each number. He was quite a hit. Madam did not freak out during her performance. On the contrary, she looked slightly bored by the whole experience, leaning against the church rail like she was waiting for a bus. Jack was actually the one who had a mini fit at the beginning, doing what I call his "dancing elf" tantrum, because he thought Tom and I weren't there. Like we'd be anywhere else! I chalked it up to the high-strung temperament of a true artiste.
After the show, we took a ride to the mall to see Santa since

my kidlets were dressed in their finery. This is when I really got nervous. Nat is a year bigger and a year stronger than when she FREAKED OUT on the big guy's lap last year. Would her ardent desire for the Disney Princess kitchen compel her to smile and make nice or would Santa be taking a
roundhouse to the 'nads? It was anyone's guess. Fortunately for Santa's reproductive health, the family jewels remain intact after Natalie's brief, happy visit to his lap. What a difference a year and a greater understanding of the Santa myth can make!
3 comments:
That is one of the best Santa pictures I've seen!
Great picture! Jack and Nat look absolutely perfect. And seriously, can your Santa look any better??
Love that picture!
Post a Comment