We had a very long day yesterday with Natalie's traumatic preschool drop-off and a ridiculously long eye doctor visit for Jack. I had plans to go out to dinner, sans kidlets, with my friend Nicole. Oh, how I needed that break after the day we had! All was fine when I left for dinner last night. By the time I got home, Natalie was a hacking, choking, snot-dripping, sobbing mess. The world's fastest-acting, most virulent cold is kicking her butt and had us up past 1:00 a.m. She was so sick and SO MAD. She takes illness as a personal affront; has since she was little. It would be funny if I wasn't the one shouldering the blame.
Unless she stages a miraculous recovery, school tomorrow is unlikely. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was licking every surface in the classroom, hoping to get sick enough to stay home with me. She's diabolical but probably too young to know how germs transfer. Maybe I'm just underestimating her resolve to stay home with "mama" by all means necessary!
3 comments:
I can not believe how quick kids pass around the germs! they are like mega germs this year!!! I hope she starts feeling better soon!!!
Sorry she's sick! It happened to us too - both girls have missed a day due to snot. Hope she feels better and it's not passed around the house.
I hope lil mama feels better soon and no one else gets sick.
Post a Comment