I love watching my kids play, especially when they are oblivious to me watching. It's amazing to see how their minds work and how much fun they have, together and alone. There is something special about seeing them asleep, though. Maybe it's that they look like babies again or that seeing them so peaceful, it's almost impossible to imagine that they will grow up and face heartbreak or disappointment. (Also impossible to remember the sass they can throw my way while awake. Well, almost impossible.)
Tonight, I put the kids to bed and went downstairs to eat dinner and relax. When I came back up, Natalie had snuck into my bed and gone to sleep there. She looked so innocent and peaceful that it made my heart swell. I was glad she ended up in my room because it gave me an excuse to pick her up and hug her for a few minutes before putting her back into her own bed for the night.
Sleep well, my sweethearts.
1 comment:
Awww just precious.
Post a Comment