Thursday, September 4, 2008

Count Jackula

The kids and I went to Gymboree yesterday b/c their PJs are on sale this week.  While there, my little thespian spied a Dracula cape complete with satin cape and dickie.  It was love at first bite, if you will.

Until yesterday, he was very enthusiastic about wearing his pirate costume again this year but all bets were off once he saw the vampire garb.  After many dramatic flairs and flourishes of the voluminous cape with the amused staff dutifully applauding, he convinced me that life without the cape would be empty and meaningless for both of us.  What can I say?  I'm an easy sell.

He has barely had it off since we bought it yesterday.  If it survives intact until Halloween, it will be a miracle.  I've taken to calling him "Count Jackula" which drives him crazy, probably b/c I laugh like it's the funniest thing I've ever heard each time I say it.  (Yes, I know.  I need to get out more.)  Now he is praying to grow vampire teeth but is willing to settle for store-bought fangs.  Let the search begin!


No comments: