Friday, September 12, 2008

This is bad. Really, REALLY bad.

Just realized that I sent our copy of "Alice in Wonderland" to Netflix rather than returning the copy of "Baby Mama" that I borrowed from them. AIW is Natalie's new favorite movie, of course.  I called them immediately and there is nothing they can do about it. When they get the movie, they'll just add it into their inventory which is completely SHITTY since it isn't their movie. I was hoping that they could flag my account so that when they check the envelope in, they'd be able to send it back to me, especially since their FAQ says, 

Q:  I accidentally returned a personal CD or DVD. How do I get it back?
A:  
If we are able to identify that a CD or DVD does not belong to us, we will automatically return it.

But no, it doesn't work that way. Customer service's system doesn't interface with the returns department's system. Awesome business model right there. If it's a movie they carry, it's too bad, so sad, no-take-backs. Seriously, is there a movie they don't carry??? They must make out like bandits, assuming I'm not the only careless idiot in their membership.

I dragged the kids out in the rain, Natalie with a cold, to walk the envelope to the mailbox this afternoon so I could get my final disc of "Gossip Girl: Season One" by Monday. If only I had succumbed to my normal laziness and waited, all would have been well. I would have realized my mistake tonight when I opened the machine and saw stupid "Baby Mama" still in there. But no, I had to go with an abnormal burst of energy and high step my way to the mailbox, desperate to see what Blair Waldorf et al will do next.

This is what I get for using Netflix and trying to be frugal. Ben Franklin had it right when he said, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be." Do you know how much I am going to suffer for this? Seriously, Blair Waldorf has nothing on Natalie's temper. I think I'm going to run away from home before she wakes up in the morning. Stupid, stupid, STUPID me!!!

1 comment:

TallGirlsAdventures said...

you know, i saw you guys walking in the rain with the bright red envelope, and i was thinking you were awfully excited about whatever was next on the list.

sux about the no-give-backs policy. do you get to keep one of their now? i mean, fair's fair.