I've been oh-so-slowly catching Nat's cold since last Thursday. When it didn't get any worse, I chalked the misery up to fall allergies. Yesterday, I deteriorated to the point that it felt like an elephant was sitting on my cheekbones and even my teeth ached. I don't know if it's a sinus infection or what. I'm feeling a little better at the moment but had a bad night so Tom is working from home today. That way, he could take the kids to school and pick them up afterwards which was AWESOME for me. (Seriously, why is it so much easier to sleep in the morning than at night when one is sick?)
I dragged myself out of bed to help Nattie get dressed (she has to have something with pockets so she can take Tiny Taggie with her) and she was whining that it wasn't a school day, she has a cough, she's too sick to go, etc. all through breakfast and her morning toilette. We turned a deaf ear to her half-hearted protests and Tom carried her out like a sack of potatoes. He said he handed her off to her teacher, hid around the corner from the room and peeked in once the doors were closed. No tears, happy as a clam.
Super Husband, my new favorite superhero, went back to get her at 11:00, forgetting that only the 2 year class dismisses at that time. When he got to the top of the steps, Nat was waiting for the bathroom in the hall with her teacher and some other kids. She saw him and yelled, "DAD!!! I'm not done yet!" He was like, "Huh?" and that's when the teacher explained that he was early. He said to The Girl, "You want to stay?" and she said, "Yeah, come back later." So he did and all was well.
Of course, when I came down from bed and asked how school was, all that she said was, "I missed you. I wanted you." with the sad puppy eyes, totally playing me like a well-worn Springsteen CD. Apparently Lil Miss takes "Save the drama for your Mama" quite literally. Is it terrible that I wish Tom could take her everyday and spare us all the thrice-weekly dose of angst?
1 comment:
She is a slick one, isn't she!?! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and hope you feel better soon. I vote Tom should take her to school everyday too! :)
Post a Comment