Monday morning, we sat down with Natalie's teacher. Jack had Mrs. C 2 years ago. Between that history and seeing her each day at drop-off and pick-up, I feel like I know her so I went in feeling comfortable. She knocked my socks off, singing Nat's praises.
I don't remember everything she said but some highlights are "role model for her classmates", "so respectful of her peers and all of the teachers", "very bright and more than ready for kindergarten", "love her to pieces", "such a funny kid", "takes her assigned jobs very seriously", "very good at paying attention", "always raises her hand at circle time", "such a joy and so easy that we should refund your tuition."
Okay, I know my kid is awesome. Because, you know, she's mine. But all of that? Really? That is more than I was expecting.
So I was thrilled. Also a little pissed that apparently I'd been getting the short end of the stick all these years with the Madam's shenanigans. Mostly thrilled though.
Jack's conference was Tuesday. Since he's in "big" school, we don't have everyday contact with his teacher like when he was in preschool so I wasn't sure what to expect at his conference. His teacher focused much more on his academics and less on behavior/personality issues than his preschool teachers did because hi, kindergarten focuses much more on academics than preschool did.
Anyway, he is doing very well. Math superstar (he so didn't get that from me.) Hates coloring (I knew that), on target with his reading skills and progressing with his writing skills (When will his prematurity finally be dead and buried? Damn fine motor skills issues.) He is very mannerly and shows a great deal of concern for his classmates, letting her know when they need assistance. (Positive spin: nurturing. Negative spin: busybody. LOL) She said that he's an observer, gauging situations before jumping in and while he might be sitting there when rowdiness in class starts, he's clear of the situation before it gets out of hand. No surprises there.
I am so very proud of my buds. I know that they are bright, sweet, caring children but it's always great to hear that other people know it, too. I hope they always enjoy school like they do right now, like I always did.
2 comments:
Yeah, your kids rock. It's true. Good that you can have that idea reinforces by teachers too!
It does a Mommy's heart good. :)
Post a Comment