C: I don't know, buddy. You'll decide when she comes out of your belly.
N: Okay. Maybe I'll call her Bonnie Sheemee Tobin.
C: Well, you could but her last name will probably be the same as your husband's.
N, stunned: I'm going to have a HUSBAND???
C: Sure, you probably will. If you get married, you'll have your husband's name and so will your kids.
N: Oh, okay. Well, I'm going to marry Owen.
C: Okay, what's his last name.
N, worried: I don't know! Can we still get married???
C: Sure, baby. There's plenty of time to find out his last name.
N: Okay. Maybe you could ask his Mom.
Who cares what your future husband's last name is as long as he is "handsome all the time", right?
I'll be working on my girl's priorities as she gets closer to dating age. I've got at least 3 decades until it's time if you listen to my husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment