Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Random, Stupid Things That Are Bugging Me This Week

Philly -- Man, I hate when people call my beautiful city "Philly." Philly can be an adjective -- Philly cheesesteaks, Philly girl, Philly sports fans -- and I won't have a seizure but when people talk about going to Philly, OH MY GOD, it drives me nutso. Philadelphia is such a beautiful, melodious word; why ruin it? It's always out-of-towners who say it. Rubes.

Driving stuff -- People who slow down to the point of stopping when they make a right turn. People who don't acknowledge you letting them in to your lane. (Would it kill them to wave a little?) People who drive in a sprinkle like they are driving on an inch of ice. Hate 'em all.

Non-Southern y'alls -- Southerners saying "y'all" -- cutest thing ever. Anyone who wasn't born below the Mason-Dixon line saying it -- the most affected, idiotic way of speaking aside from the super dorks who call apartments flats and lines queues. Seriously, people, we won the war. Let them keep their y'all. Y'all will sound ridiculous if you don't.

Which leads me to...

Affecting an extreme accent when pronouncing foreign words -- Alex Trebeck, I'm talking to you.

Über -- Stop saying it. It's Über-annoying.

People who don't pay for their share of a teacher's luncheon, leaving me to cover their share -- Yep, I'm still not over that one which is actually neither random nor stupid in my eyes. I have to let it go. I'm trying, really I am. Damnit, though, it's making me crazy when I walk past those cheapass bitches at school every day, knowing I'm short $22 of my budgeted spending money this month.

No comments: