Douche.
Seriously, I never see Masingill commercials anymore (maybe because I haven't watched soap operas since, like, 2003) but that word is everywhere on television.
EVERYWHERE.
It's gotten to the point where I'm surprised to get through an episode of a show without hearing it.
And I hate it. I hate it more than "panties." More than "moist." I hate it more than I hate those two words combined which I guess is fitting since it causes one of them, affects the other and the thought of the two words combined...
Oh. Em. Gee.
I just made myself throw up a little.
N-A-S-T-Y.
Via my Facebook status (where I live out my life), I recently commented on how TV characters are freely flinging That Word around these days. Tom saw my status (21st century romance right there) and now laughs every time we watch a show and hear it. I don't find it amusing.
In fact, I find it disgusting.
Right now, we -- and by "we" I mean Tom, I just happen to be in the room -- are watching some dorky Ultimate Fighting reality show. One of the dudes is ripping on one of the other guys and the producers bleeped the word "vagina" out of his diatribe.
Ummm, what? Is it that you can't say it at all or you just can't call someone that?
Why is it wrong to call someone the body part but it's okay to call them what you do to the body part?
It's not like he called him a C-U-Next-Tuesday. He used the anatomically correct word albeit in an incorrect way. Unlikely that he meant to call his opponent an "amazingly resilient stretchy area" or "the gateway to life", I would hazard to guess.
But I digress. As usual. Doing so helps me avoid circling back to That Word.
Douche.
Does anyone actually do that to her ladyland?
Yeesh.
That last one was totally rhetorical. I don't want to know.
For reals, ladies. Keep your "not so fresh" feelings to yourself. Or don't. I hear there is a product to help with that. Just don't say it around me unless you like puke on your shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment