So. If both parents are bringing their kids to my door to get candy, who is at THEIR door giving candy to MY kids?
I mean, for real. I stay home and give out candy while Tom takes the kids trick or treating. That's how my parents did it. I thought that is how everyone did it. You know, so it's all fair-like.
Silly, silly me.
So often, I forget that the world is full of selfish, "who cares about anyone else?" people. And they are passing it along to the next generation. Awesome.
Is it really that hard for one of you to stay home and give out candy while the other takes the kids out? Or Mom stays home while Dad takes Junior up one side of the street and then they switch off for the other side? Or you get your mother-in-law/best friend/sister/dogwalker to man your door if you cannot bear to miss little Sally or Johnny knocking on a door (and most likely, not saying "thank you"?)
I just don't get it.
Rude.
Rude.
RUDE.
What if we all went out with our kids? I guess we'd all be knocking on locked doors at darkened houses. Wouldn't that be fun for the whole family? Luckily for the selfish folk, there are suckers like me in the world. Suckers who believe in an equal balance of give and take. Suckers who not are teaching their kids to be all about "me, me, meeeee!"
Parents who didn't give my kids candy and are eating the candy that we gave you: I hope you choke on it.
Happy fricking Halloween.
2 comments:
apparently the etiquette book for Trick or Treating was lost .. I take the kids around with the other moms and the dads stay at home in the driveways drinking beer, watching the Phils and handing out our candy.. then the moms return with the kids and join in on the fun.
Your neighbors SUCK
*ducks shyly away*
Sorry Christy...I was one of those selfish people.
But at least this year I have an excuse (hopes Christy still respects me...LOL)
My developments TOT was the same night as Shane's neighborhood so we both took him out.
*continues backing away*
Post a Comment