Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mini-Me

One of my sisters-in-law often comments on how The Madam looks just like me. I think Nattie is all Tobin which is fine, they are an attractive family.

Tonight, though, WOW. I saw it.

The Madam comes strolling into the kitchen and hits me with this look:


Stifling a laugh, I said, "WHAT are you DOING?"

She shrugged and replied, "Nothing. Just making The Mommy Face."

Oh.

My.

God.

Yeah, you are.

It's not like I've stood in front of the mirror and practiced my skeptical/almost-out-of-patience/I-call-bullshit expression so I don't know exactly what I look like when my face is reflecting one of those feelings but DAMN. She has me down cold. I don't do the hand on the hip but only because I have had a kid on there for about 4 years running now. Otherwise, yep, that's me alright.

I raised my eyebrow and said, "I do that?" and she did the tsking/sneering/puh-LEEZE thing I do and said, "YEAH."

Well played, little one, well played. Just don't forget the eye roll, especially if you want to get under your father's skin.

No comments: