Natalie, over breakfast this morning: Mommy, you know the story about the person who hurt Uncle Jonathan with a gun?
*gulp*
Me, trying to open my eyes all the way and get my brain fired up for whatever will follow her initial question: Ummm, yeah?
N: Will you tell me that story again?
OMG, why? Why-hy-hy-hy-hy???
C: Why, sweetie?
N: Because I found it very instiresting.
She found it very in...WHAT? She found it INTERESTING?
Okay, I can think of 72 adjectives right off the top of my head to describe the tragic tale of my brother's murder. "Instiresting" falls nowhere on the list.
So, either I succeeded in keeping it light to the point of entertaining her rather than scaring her when I explained why Jon isn't here OR she is just a morbid little ghoul who will start dressing like Marilyn Manson any day now.
Awesome.
Instiresting indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment