Sunday, October 18, 2009

Well, Yes, That's What WE Do with Them BUT...

Natalie loves words. I love that she loves words. She has been obsessed with rhyming (future MC?) for the better part of a year. She'll use a word in a sentence that sparks a thought and then ask, "What rhymes with [fill in the blank]?" At first, I would tell her but now that she is older, I want her to figure it out herself.

She usually knows but is usually too contrary to tell me. No surprise there. So we make it a game and I give her clues so she can guess.

This morning, she was laying on my bed, looking out at the yard and asked, "Mommy, what rhymes with trees?"

C: Well, let's see. These little things buzz around and can sting you.

N: BEES!

C: Very good. Here's another one -- we do this with our eyes.

N: Roll them!

Ummm, yeah. Rhyme time over.