6 or 7 more vehicles have been on the street since the stretching dude. I just watched one drive past so slowly with the passenger peering at or between the houses like he was looking for something important. If it was a cop car, I would have thought there was a fugitive on the loose.
It's making me very nervous. Do they know something that I don't? What the hell are they doing?
Last week, they were up and down the block, trimming trees that were interfering with wires. Not the trees in our yard that have encompassed the wires so much so that the wires are drooping. The branches Tom is DYING to trim with his spectacular clippers. Ummm, sorry, buddy, but that is a negatory. Leave that for the professionals. Maybe they will actually come back and do it.
So far, nope.
What is their deal with the drive-bys this week? Are they just trying to scare me?
I used to work for the electric company in Philadelphia and during my time there, I heard a horror story or two. I would prefer that nobody accidentally blow up my house. Oy.
So I found something to put in the PRO column in case I ever have to list good and bad reasons about working -- I wouldn't be here to see the crazy stuff that happens in the neighborhood each day. Did I tell you about the time there was a guy walking down the middle of my street, oh-so-casually swinging a machete? Seriously.
Dorkaware. It's where the freaks come out in the daytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment