UNINTERRUPTED.
Queen B is finally -- FINALLY -- sleeping through the night.
What makes me happiest about it, even more than the glorious sleep, is that we did it our way. Her way, really. We did it on her schedule and I have no doubts, no questions about whether she was ready or whether I forced her.
I ignored aaaaaall the people who told us that she should be sleeping through the night. I turned a deaf ear to anyone who said that I needed to let her cry herself back to sleep when she woke up. What the hell do they know anyway? They certainly don't know my sweet girl. We even ignored our pediatrician, a man I like and respect, who told me to stop feeding her at night.
I couldn't. She was hungry. I know her hungry cry and that's what I was hearing in the wee hours. I wouldn't withhold food at 2:00 p.m. so why would I do it at 2:00 a.m.?
We disregarded all of the advice, some misguided and all well-meaning (I guess), and carved out our own path and it worked. She is sleeping like a big kid now without any tears, hers or mine, and it happened without me traumatizing her.
Wow.
I feel like a million bucks! I feel like I got almost enough sleep!
It is so awesome to go to bed in the dark and wake up in daylight.
Now if I could just start getting myself to bed at a decent hour, I'd really be in good shape.
1 comment:
Congratulations! I wish you many nights of blissful, uninterrupted sleep.
Post a Comment