Last night, my neighbors came here for a knitting class which they roped me into teaching. Jack was ecstatic to have a new audience. He went around and introduced himself to eachperson, saying, "Hi, I'm Jack Tobin." He ended his meet-and-greet in the center of the floor by announcing, "I'm named after my Mom's brother who died and went to heaven." Egads, there's an ice breaker!
Being a novice myself, I was full of trepidation over teaching something I can barely do myself and rightly so. With the exception of friend Megen, nobody listened to me, they came up with their own (WRONG) way of doing things and Miss Busybody actually called her mother for clarification, trying to prove me wrong. Go and actually pay for a class like I did, cheap ass mofos! They actually thought they were going to come over here, learn to knit in 5 minutes and go home with a brand new cardigan. Talk about unrealistic expectations. Ugh, I'm still annoyed when I think about the whole debacle.
Tomorrow is going to be very busy. Jack's soccer game, his classmate's party and then BIL's non-graduation party. I wish I could fast forward to Sunday.
2 comments:
So there is still a party??
HAHA! You did a great job. Besides, new email came, today, and you are off the hook (or knitting needle) for next time.
Post a Comment