Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Jack's 15 minutes

Tonight was The Boy's preschool show.  The theme was Sesame Street.  He has been belting out "I Love Trash" for weeks now.  I was expecting big things.  Silly me.

Once he was on stage, he went from Happy Jack to Zombie Jack.  He was like Cindy Brady in the game show episode where she was mesmerized by the red dot on the camera.  I don't think he was scared, though,  just fascinated by the sea of faces before him.  He joined in with the chorus here and there and did an occasional hand gesture but mostly he was content to observe the crowd rather than perform for them.  Once again, he proves that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I was a ball of stress with my camcorder, tripod, zoom lens, mounted flash...you'd think my son was being sworn in as commander-in-chief rather than wearing a trash can lid in a preschool production.  Madam was shockingly good especially considering the juice box I packed was sans straw.  The free water ice was the highlight of her evening.  I'm sure she'll make me pay for her good behavior tomorrow.

No comments: