
My kids love books (hallelujah!) and "Pinkalicious" has reigned as Madam's favorite for several months running. We have read it so often that she has it memorized and loves to sit down to "read" it to herself. I have to leave the room before she gets to the part where she announces in her best stern daddy voice with finger wagging, "You have had ENOUGH!" So adorable. She has been in bed for hours and I'm missing her as I always do after she has been sleeping for awhile so I was sitting her remembering her reading along with me earlier this evening.
If you have girls (or boys, Jack loves it as well) I'd highly recommend it but skip the "Purplicious" sequel. It's kind of mean and I was glad I flipped through it before buying it. No need to plant the seeds of peer pressure and flocking like a sheep to the preschool set. Oy.
Pink cupcakes for everyone!
3 comments:
I miss my kids too when they go to sleep. I can't wait for them TO go to sleep, only to sit around with nothing to do. Do you ever want to go in their rooms when they are sleeping and cuddle with them like when they were babies? When they are sleeping I am always amazed at how much they have grown.
Jason and I went out on a date a few weeks ago. We had a sitter for FOUR hours. We ended up getting the kids almost two hours early cause we missed them.
They are wild and loud, and sometimes I can't take them anymore....but they are my life. Enough from me already!
I'm so glad your kids love to read!!
Awww, I'm glad I'm not the only one ready to sell them to gypsies by day but sneaking in for kisses and cuddles by night! I'm the opposite, though, b/c I think mine look like babies again when they are asleep.
A babysitter...I'm so jealous!!! Even if we had someone appropriate to hire, there is no way The Madam would go for it.
count me in as well! sometimes I swear I need the sanity and peace and quiet when they sleep, but I sure do miss them when I'm not home.
Post a Comment