An email has gone out to the book club group about the next knitting session. Received, read and deleted. No way I'm getting involved in that. Gee, maybe two of the participants could sit in my living room and exchange maternity clothes and talk about how fat they are getting, both fully aware that I lost a baby this year and should still be pregnant along with them. Oh wait, that already happened last week. Stupid fucking cows. Honestly, sometimes I think that I'm the only person in the world who considers my audience and the impact my words will have before I speak. If anything good can be said about what has happened in my life, it's that I am a kinder, more compassionate person b/c of it. Doesn't really do me any good personally though so fuck it, nothing good came out of the whole horrible mess.
So yeah, no thanks, I'm not teaching them anything and I think I'm over the whole book club in general. I gained a really good friend out of it and I like most of the other ladies so it was definitely a positive experience overall but meh, I've had enough of the morbid books and they show no signs of picking anything light in the future even though I've suggested reading something that doesn't involve murder, suicide, child endangerment, grief, emotional agony, extreme bullying or drugs. I think real life contains more than enough of sorrow but apparently theirs doesn't so they have to get their fill through their reading material. Voyeuristic at best, maudlin at worst.
1 comment:
Okay, first of all, I'm with you on the too tight, too lose, scenario. Though I don't have my mojo. And second of all, I give you a pass on knitting, but there is NO FUCKING WAY you are giving up book club. Come on, there are three of us, we can push some titles through. You make a list, and I'll be the enthusiastic cheerleader. I forbid you from abandoning me!
Post a Comment