Sunday, May 11, 2008
I've got the Mother's Day crankies
I should be at my Mother's house already and yet I'm still at my kitchen table in my nightgown. I just don't feel like driving all the way up there to go to dinner with her and my Gram. I'm a Mom, too, and yet I have put aside what I want to do so that I can go to pay homage to my elders. They don't need this day as a respite; I do. Their days of nursery rhymes, time outs, playgrounds and 18 hour days are decades past. Mine are now and I'm TIRED. If motherhood was the military, they'd be drinking manhattans at the VFW hall while I'm driving a convoy through the hills of Afghanistan. Admittedly, I think Mother's Day is a Hallmark holiday but if I have to take part, why can't I at least get some perks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment