Monday, May 5, 2008

Busy week ahead...

The kids and I are heading up to Yardley tomorrow to see my Dad's mother.  I used to take Jack to see Grandmom weekly before we moved to Dorkaware.  Now that we are so much further away, our visits are quarterly, if that.  I feel guilty b/c Gert is so lonely, stranded in a condo compound rather than the senior living community where she belongs.  I've been feeling especially guilty about how long it's been since our last visit.  (Christmas?  I'm ashamed to check the calendar.)  So, it's probably just me being my normal morbid self but my spidey sense is telling me to get my butt up there ASAP b/c I have enough dead person guilt on my overburdened conscience.  Gert just better keep her trap shut about my weight but that is unlikely.  Good times right there.  My Mom's is on the way home from Grandmom's so we'll go there for dinner to kill time and let the rush hour traffic dissipate.  Tuesday is Tommy Boy's poker night so no need to rush home at any rate.  If all goes well, the Dynamic Duo will pass out in the car on the way home and stay asleep when I carry them in to bed, freeing me up for a night of snuggling with my beloved DVR.  Maybe I'll even get a burst of energy and hook up the new printer which has been sitting there forlornly for the last month.

Wednesday night is Jack's preschool show.  Sesame Street is the theme this year.  His class is singing "I Love Trash."  The Boy is practically glowing with nerves and excitement.  I just hope he has fun and doesn't let his nerves get the best of him.  He is completely his mother's son in that regard.  I'm just pissed I never got around to getting the bluetooth microphone for our camcorder b/c he is cute beyond words when he belts out the song.

Thursday, Jack's class is having Muffins for Mom.  Not exactly sure what is going on there but he is thrilled about it and his school always does nice things so I'm sure it will be sweet.  Then home to wait for the repairperson from Sears to come out and fix our overpriced dishwasher which has been making a horrible grinding sound for the past week.  He/she will be here between 1 and 5.  I hope it rains so I don't have to listen to complaints about being stuck at home.

Tommy Boy and I have a date on Friday night.  Live is playing at a bar in Baltimore.  WOOHOO!!!  Very psyched for that one but already worrying about the I-95 construction traffic on the way home.  I am an idiot and my own worst enemy.

I'm going to NYC on Saturday to see Rent before it closes on Broadway.  Sadly, I think I might be more excited for dinner at Carmine's than I am for the play but that will change once the music starts.  Just found out that 5 of us are carpooling in a CR-V when I thought we were taking the train.  Not too keen on that plan so Mama may be taking the train and meeting the gals up there.  I'm all about leg room and space to breathe.

Mother's Day on Sunday.  Meh, not really my thing.  It's a fake holiday on par with Valentine's Day if you ask me.  I'll be meeting my Mom for dinner at Gram's house. Not exactly a celebration of me but I'm low man on the maternal totem pole.

Lordy, I'm tired just thinking about all that!  I'm doing more this week than I will the rest of the month.

1 comment:

Maria said...

LIVE was one of my favorite bands in college! Have fun at the concert.