Thursday, June 4, 2009

Right ON, My People!

A child was attacked in Philadelphia earlier this week.  Surveillance video shows the 11 year old girl dropping her sister at daycare (WTF???) and later the cameras show her being dragged down an alley and into a yard where she was raped so brutally that she had to undergo surgery.  Flyers with her attacker's picture were distributed and some concerned neighbors made, ahem, a citizens arrest Philly style.  

Bleeding hearts are decrying the mob's actions and I agree that this would have been an added tragedy if they had the wrong guy.  All evidence points to the contrary though.  He did it and now authorities think this wasn't his first time.  So do I condone violence?  No, I abhor it on principle but in a case like this, I say hand me a 2x4 and step aside because I tend to swing wide.