See what I did there? Bites...cause he lost a tooth. Get it? Yeah, never mind.
Anyhoo, last night, Mr. Jack Tobin took me aside to share a secret. I was intrigued, no doubt about it. What did he have to say? "Mom, I have another loose tooth. Don't tell Daddy! Remember last time he kept checking my loose tooth? I almost had a heart attack! I mean, who wants to be yanked around by the tooth???" *sigh* Mr. Drama. Like Tom was dragging him down the street by the tooth!
I promised not to tell, figuring it wasn't my news to share anyway and knowing he'd spill the beans eventually. All morning, he questioned what might affect his tooth -- "Will playing legos make my tooth come out?" "What breakfast foods are soft enough to protect my tooth?" "Will drinking juice knock my tooth out?" "No", "Cereal" and "Of course not!" were my confident answers. Not so fast, though, Mommy, because sucking down some juice pulled the tooth right out! I had no idea that it was so loose since I was WAAAAY too squeamish to give it a wiggle. (Remember, this is a woman who has never seen or touched her own c-section scar. NEVER.)
The Boy was pleased as punch that his tooth was out and his wallet would be a little fatter come morning. I was relieved that we wouldn't have to endure weeks of him screaming while Tom checked the tooth's tenacity each night. Now I just have to make sure I have a dollar to put under his pillow tonight. It's a very big deal and all but he's NOT getting one of the twenties that Daddy won at poker last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment