Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

For more than a few years, Father's Day was a sad, sad day for me. It was simply a reminder of all that I missed. Now I choose to let go of the sorrow as much as I can and instead feel grateful for what I had and thankful for what I have.




My Dad and my Pop were the two best men I have ever known. Their kindness, intelligence, sense of humor and dedication to helping friend and stranger alike shaped who I am and who I wanted to marry. Which leads me to...

the man I chose to be the father of my children. My best friend and partner in every sense of the word, Tom was cut from the same cloth as my two heroes. I couldn't have asked for a better man to hold my hand and travel down the road of life with me. It makes me happy to know that Dad and Pop would be so proud of the life I'm living and so pleased with the man I love.

Happy Father's Day to all of my favorite guys. I'm thinking of you all today and every day.



No comments: