We walk up the path through the park and are greeted with this harrowing sight:
This has up-to-no-good teens written all over it. I'd bet money it was the punks who drove us out of the park a few months ago. They were being so rough with the equipment while we were there that it's a wonder this didn't happen sooner. Why can't they just get some 40s and drink until they puke in the grass like kids did when I was young? Why do they have to break things, especially something meant for little children? The park is barely a year old. This vandalism absolutely disgusts me.
My guys were a wreck. Jack cried big fat tears down his pink cheeks and kept asking, "WHY, Mommy?" and "Who would do this???" The Madam was PISSED and hollered for the police. I think she was expecting a SWAT team to rappel down from a helicopter to fix the ride and round up the perpetrators.
I'm going to look online to see which county agency to call about getting it repaired but chances are, Mr. Snail will stay like that for quite some time. I just hope nobody gets hurt on it between now and whenever the county gets around to fixing the damage. In the meantime, we'll avoid the scene of the crime in the hopes of avoiding post-traumatic stress syndrome symptoms. The Tobins take their play places VERY seriously.
1 comment:
You know what stinks most about this is how excited we've all been that now there's a PAVED path to that playground. We had such a fancy playground...for a hot second.
Post a Comment