Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nothing Accomplished and That's Okay

I have 1,872,953 things to do around here and I've done none of them this morning even though The Biggies are at school and this is my time to bang out the chores.  Why I done diddlysquat?  Because when I lifted Bonnie out of her carseat to transfer her to the swing, she curved herself right into me, gave a big sigh and went to sleep.  My heart melted.  My "to do" list was erased from my mental filofax.  My baby told me that she loved me, that I'm the most important person in her world, that she needs me -- all without words, of course -- so for her, this Type A, OCD maniac will drop everything and just be still.  We sat in the rocker and snuggled for 45 minutes while she alternated between dozing and trying vainly to get her thumb in her mouth.  It was wonderful.  I breathed in her baby smell and thanked all things good and holy for the miracle that is my Bonnie.

Preschool closes for the summer next Tuesday.  That means there are only 2 days left where Jack and Natalie will both be in school.  Only two days left of quiet time for Bonnie and me to enjoy each other without distraction.  When school days roll around again at the end of the summer, Bonnie will be a rolling, cooing, sitting up, maybe even scooting baby, halfway through her infancy with her newborn days far behind her.  She'll have gotten her thumb into her mouth with ease by then and with so many new things to explore, the highlight of her day will no longer be cuddle time with Mommy.  So for our last 2 solo mornings of this school year, the chores can wait and the mall can soldier on without me.  I'll be busy enjoying every perfect moment with my very last baby.

1 comment:

Bethann said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day !