Wednesday, May 20, 2009

PJ Day

It's the first day of summer vacation.  We may make like Hefner and stay in our jammies all day.  

I have such mixed feelings about summer vacation this year.  I'm loving that we don't have to jump out of bed and race to get ready for school, no doubt, and it's nice to have my buds home with me.  This year, though, I'm concerned that there will be a little too much togetherness with Bonnie's tender age curtailing our on-the-move lifestyle.  I can't have her at the playground in the middle of the day when it gets super hot out.  Camp has been ruled out as too expensive.  I'm going to have to get creative and tap into my love of planning so that we have a basic outline for each week.  Otherwise, everyday will be PJ Day and that's only going to make Jack's transition to full-day Kindergarten that much more difficult.

How long until school starts on 8/24?  Well, let me tell you...

95 days
2293 hours
137,639 minutes

I'm living the "Phineas and Ferb" theme song!

2 comments:

Jenny B said...

Ahhh, I remember our summer like this. Olivia was just three months old when summer hit. Abbe and Tyler were full of energy. The heat made trips to the library and park unbearable for all of us. We did a lot of Chic-Fila, indoor crafts, water play at our house, and chillin' at home. Next summer will be a breeze for you!

Bethann said...

I know a few people that set up a certain day for a different activity.. one day is Library, one day art, one day playground(morning trip)..

you could toss in a cooking day where you make fun lunches etc. from a recipe you find in a kid's cookbook at the library.

good luck and make sure you have at least 1 pj day in there for good measure. :)