I just unpacked his school bag for the last time and was doing fine until I sat down and read his journal. The teachers had the kids draw a picture and dictate their thoughts on holidays and special events at school throughout the year. Some of his entries were hilarious (although he'd be mad if he knew they made me laugh) and some were sweet like the first entry after Bonnie was born. For the final entry, his teachers must have asked him what he will miss at school because the last page simply says is "I will miss the blocks" and that was all it took to start the tears. I don't like to think about him missing anything. I also don't like to think about him outgrowing those beloved blocks which were often the reason he bounded out to the car in the morning, eager to bring his latest architectural idea to life in the classroom. He will outgrow them, of course, and move on to bigger and better things. I will be there cheering him on every step of the way, smiling through my tears as the days and years go by way too quickly.
Thank you, Concordia Preschool, for the amazing experience you gave Jack. From academics to social skills, you provided a great start to his school career and you cared for him as I would while he was in your capable hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment