So, like I said, I bought it and put it in the closet. Tom knew something was up with my shifty-eyed giggling and got the story out of me eventually. (He is so good, never getting on me about how I choose to spend our money. So why do I always feel like I have to hide things from him like he's my Mom or something? Overactive guilty conscience, I suppose.) We'd talked about getting one for the kids for Christmas. Actually, I talked about it just because I have NO IDEA what to get them but he didn't think it was a good idea at their age. He's right. So, when confronted with the Wii in the closet, he caved. Not on the Christmas plan, hell no. It's not for them. It's for us!
We finally got around to unpacking it tonight. All we have is one controller and the Wii Sports game so far but that thing ROCKS. I'm hoping he does well at Poker tonight so I can buy the Mario Racing game tomorrow. I have always loved video games and I look forward to many nights of kicking his ass on the Wii like I did with Tetris back in the day. (Bring it, Tobin! Bring it HARD. You're going down in flames!) Nothing like a little healthy competition between man and wife, that's what I say.
So, for now, The Closet of Retail Shame is empty. Who knows what my next impulse buy will be? (24 inch iMac, damn you, I hear you calling me but I'M NOT LISTENING!!!) Let's just say that I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy as always.
4 comments:
OMG I love the Wii! We had our nephew's for a while last year, and I got hooked on the tennis game. I suck in real-life tennis, mind you, but I was the third Williams sister on the Wii version.
And Tetris...oh man, I love it. Any time you wanna play and Tom's not up for it, call and I'm there.
I was SO tempted to buy one of those newfangled contraptions last week at the PX! Enjoy!
I'm so jealous!! I want one so bad but it won't happen until after we are in the new house!! Enjoy!!
Super Mario Kart ROCKS! You will love it.
Have fun with your new Wii...excellent purchase...your kids will love it too!
Post a Comment