Friday, November 14, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait

There is so much to do and it's too soon to do any of it.  I am itching to get the crib put together, pull out the tiny girl clothes and get the house ready for Sheemee's arrival.  It's months away, though, and way too soon to do any of that.  I'm feeling good and thinking positively but we all know that anything could happen between now and my due date.  Having an empty crib and drawers full of clothes, ready and waiting, would only make that harder.  Still, the planner in me is itching to get started and the worrier in me harkens back to how early Jack was born and how ill-prepared I was.  Unlikely that baby #3 will arrive as early as baby #1 did but anyone who says lightening doesn't strike twice is a fool.

So here I sit, impatiently waiting for the appropriate time to spring into action.  That will probably be after Christmas, right about when I'm huge and suffering from insomnia with no energy to do all the things that need to be done.  Awesome.  Just awesome.  This is one of those times I wish life had a fast forward button because I am ready for action and 0h-so-excited to meet my girl!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am so excited for you, Christy! Dressing sisters is f-u-n. :)