Least Favorite Household Chore: Ironing
Actually, that's not true, I hate cleaning bathrooms the most but ironing is a close second. So here I sit, wasting time, while the kids' outfits for their school pictures tomorrow and a shirt of Tom's wait patiently for my attention on the ironing board. I've done everything I can to avoid going up there but at 11:42, I'm running out of options and having trouble keeping my eyes open which means I will probably burn myself when I finally tackle the job. Awesome.
Natalie's hair got washed this morning (she's been bath-resistant lately) which is too close to the picture as her hair needs 48 hours to recover from the deep conditioning necessary to clear out her dreadlocks. She keeps insisting that I will be at school to take her picture. God help Mr. Gallen, that's all I'll say about that. Jack fell on the handle of his cymbal and got a deep bruise under his eye (I don't even want to think what would have happened if the stick had been an inch higher on impact *shudder*) Added to that, he has this new nervous habit where sucks his upper lip down so his lower lip is over it which has resulted in chapped skin resembling a pink Hitler mustache. His picture will look like a CPS poster. Awesome. Yep, these pictures should be awesome. Buh-bye, $80. Mr. Gallen is no fool; all payments must be made in advance so the pictures are mine regardless of how they turn out. I can't not get them, of course, so I shelled out the money, knowing that at least The Girl's half would likely be wasted.
My Mom thinks I'm crazy to have them taken since I have a great camera and backdrops but I really like seeing pictures of my kids that someone else took. They look indescribably different when I see them through someone else's lens. It's subtle but there is definitely a difference in their posture and smile when it's not Mom coaxing forth a happy grin. Nobody else ever takes their picture so once a year, I pay for the privilege of seeing someone else's photographs of the loves of my life. Bruised face, crazy hair or constipated expression, it's worth the money and then some.
Velour...from now on I buy nothing but velour. It can be thrown in a ball in the corner for a month and then unrolled looking like it's fresh from the dryer. That might get a bit uncomfortable in summer though so I'll have to think this through. Screw cotton, though, it's sucks. Okay, off to ironing hell I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment