Everything Happens for a Reason
Oh. My. GOD.
Nothing makes my blood boil faster or hotter than that expression.
I know, I know, that is not news.
But it gets to me every time and I have to talk about it so I don't get all snarky with the platitude spouter.
I want to shatter every glass in my china cabinet, punch strangers, scream curses at the sky when I see/hear that stupid, trite, UNTRUE cliche.
I try counting to 10 to calm myself down.
I could count to 1,000,000 and my brain would still hurt.
Give me the reason. Just give me the fucking reason. But you know what? You can't. Because there is no reason. No reason good enough.
People who believe that shit are so lucky. Obviously nothing truly heart-shattering, life-changing, sanity-breaking has happened to them. Color me jealous.
1 comment:
take solace in knowing you are not the only person to feel that way. I just wish I had China to shatter whenever I hear it.
Post a Comment