I can remember saying that often as a child and my father would always remind me that there is no such thing as "fair." God, I probably heard that a million times. (Only surpassed by "I can't wait!!!" "Well, you're going to have to!" Grrr...still get cranky remembering how annoying THAT was.)
So even though it was drilled into my head that life is anything but, why do I still cling to the idea that life is supposed to be fair?
It isn't fair that good people die while bad people live.
It isn't fair that loving, prepared women can't get or can't stay pregnant while others are adding to the welfare rolls like crazy or, even worse, aborting their "mistakes."
It isn't fair that my kids, by fortune of birth, are standing in the middle of their overflowing playroom complaining that they have nothing to do while other children don't have enough food or clean water.
So much isn't fair. And yet that's just the way life works. Doesn't mean I have to like it, though.
I guess that's why I turn into a tantrum-throwing 4 year old in my mind whenever I have to face something that isn't fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment