Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Side of Theology with Our Rigatoni Marinara

N: Mom, how did Jesus survive?

Oh shit. WHAT???

C, putting on The Thinking Face: Ummm, magic?

N: Oh. Right.

Seriously, isn't it AWESOME how "magic" is an acceptable answer to any question asked by someone 4 years old or under?

What happened to all of my Easter candy? Magic.

How does Santa get all of the toys to all of the houses in the world? Magic!

Where do babies come from? Definitely MAGIC.

Anyway, back to our impromptu discussion of Jesus's fate...

J: It's actually because he's related to the ruler of the universe.

N, exasperated: I KNOW. That's not it. Actually, it's because of the angels. Angels helped him. That's how he walked on water.

J: I don't know about that.

N: I DO! The people who come to my school* told me!!!

J: Alright, you don't have to scream at me.

Right. Glad I could help you guys out there. That's what Moms are for.

*An elderly couple who read bible stories to Nat's class on Fridays. They are part of the church which houses the preschool and apparently they are big fans of retelling The Passion to 4 year olds as I've learned after having 2 kids at the school. Good times.

1 comment:

Gween said...

try having those conversations as an atheist who pushes acceptance of all faiths and beliefs!
and i agree...Magic is one of the most amazing answers 'cause it covers it all! And it carries you for quite a few years so I hear.
:)