Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eight Is Great

Holy cow, another anniversary. I feel like we went from this*...


to this...

to this...


in the blink of an eye. Then again, it feels like we've crammed decades worth of memories into 8 short years. Wonder what the next 8 years will hold?

Happy anniversary to my love, my buddy, my best friend and the only reason I would ever willingly live in Delaware.

*I picked that picture because it's the furthest I could get from my current life as a suburban soccer mom. Am not and never was a smoker per se. I used to have 1 occasionally when we'd go out with Tom's sister (who also isn't a smoker) because I loved the buzz it gave me. Seriously, I loved it like it was my kid, loved it so much that M and I would sneak away from Tom (violently anti-cig except for that night apparently) like naughty toddlers to get our nicotine fix in the bar's ladies room. I guess it's a good thing I never tried anything stronger or I could be living in a crack house giving BJ's to syphilitic dealers to score my next fix. That might actually be worse than Delaware. Maybe. But if it was a crack house IN Delaware...*shudder*...yeah, let's not even imagine that horror.

Anyway, I had my last cigarette in November 0f 2002, the month before I went off The Pill when we were going to start working towards the baby that would be Jack. It's a disgusting habit, one I can't believe i indulged in even sporadically.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary!

And for the record, I think that first pic. of you and Tom is totally kicka$$!

Bethann said...

1st thing is first.. YOU SMOKED ???? I figured I was the only derelict
LOL..
Happy Anniversary.. :)

Christy said...

Thanks, Sharon! I could count the cigarettes on I smoked on 2 hands and have some fingers left over, Beth. i loved the woozy feeling it gave me but was always worrying that it would kill me, lol.