Thursday, February 25, 2010

Right on the Money

I love being a Mom. I'm incredibly blessed to be a Mom. But sometimes, just once in a while, it's hard being a Mom. Like when I really, REALLY need to get my manbrows eyebrows done but I can't because the baby sleeps all morning and Natalie is home in the afternoon and I don't want her to develop body image issues by seeing a tiny Asian woman ripping hair off my face. Like when I want to sleeeeeeeeeep but my early birds want to start their day before the rooster has even started his. Like when it's my birthday weekend but instead of being pampered and feted, I'm cooking and cleaning for Bonnie's party.

Yep, times like those are when it's hard being The Mom.

So when this card came in the mail today, you can understand why I laughed and laughed until I thought I was going to tinkle.



Even after all these years and all the changes in our lives, my best friend still gets it. Still gets ME. And this is one of the many reasons why I love her and am lucky to have her as my friend and my comrade in the trenches of motherhood. We will never dance drunk in a fountain or schedule our lives around soap operas again but we will always be friends and for that I am forever grateful.

Thank you for the awesome, appropriate card, M. You made my day. Hell, you made my month! You are the best. Even if you did grow up in the suburbs. Shake it like a white girl! ;-p

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love it! Sad, yet so true, lol!