Months ago, I discovered that the local library system has tons of CDs for patrons to borrow. From the comfort of home, I can browse their catalog and make requests for whatever books, CDs or DVDs I want. Their system emails me when my requests are available and I pick them up at the front desk. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
I have 5 CDs waiting for me now. Exciting! Haven't been able to get there this week to pick them up what with Bon's pneumonia by day and Tommy Boy working like a Hebrew slave at the pyramids by night. With the request expiration date drawing nigh, I checked their site to see if I'd be able to pick up my CDs on hold tonight before the "big snow" arrives.
"The New Castle County Libraries will close at 5pm on Friday, February 5 and will be closed on Saturday, February 6 and Sunday, February 7 due to the incoming snow. We will also be closed Monday, February 8 in honor of Lincoln's Birthday. We apologize for any inconvenience."
Ummm, really? I'm such a fan of "better safe than sorry" that I should have the motto tattooed on my forehead but closing at 5:00 -- less than two hours from now -- when nary a flurry has fallen from the sky seems ridiculously alarmist. And Sunday, too? When you are off Monday? That is bullshit.
BULLSHIT.
Plus, what is up with being off on Lincoln's birthday? Isn't president's day enough for them? It's not like they have such a stressful job.
Nobody ever died from a paper cut. Probably.
What makes LIncoln so special? Will they be off for Washington's birthday as well? How about Obama's?
Poor Taft. Not a shot in hell anyone will recognize him.
Unlikely that Tom will be home in time for me to pick up the CDs which sucks because I was really looking forward to not listening to Linkin Park.
This storm is making me very crabby. Could be that we're low on food and alcohol and I know there won't be time to run errands before the roads get dangerous.
Another weekend in the house. No chance to grocery shop, take a walk, visit friends.
God help me.
2 comments:
We've got the Perfect Storm brewing over here: the storm of the century + James and my mom snowed in together for at least 2 days. Yes, God help us. God help us all.
Okay, you have me beat so definitely God can ignore me and send all efforts your way!
Post a Comment