Tom and I can hope but it's unlikely given that Sweetness is sick.
Her birthday started out happy even with the grey, wet skies. Bon was perplexed by the kids getting in her face to sing "Happy Birthday" over and over but she's nothing if not agreeable.
The girls and I celebrated with burritos from our favorite southwestern take-out place. (Grrr. I forgot my free birthday burrito coupon!) Miss Bon can house herself some black beans and tofu. It's a sight to behold. Just don't get your fingers too close to her 6 teeth or you might lose a few.
All day, Natalie kept exclaiming, "I can't believe how YOUNG Bonnie is now!" She totally meant how old she is but she was so earnest and cute that I didn't have the heart to correct her.
The Birthday Babe took 2 very long naps which I chalked up to the dreary day. As night fell, though, her runny nose turned to troubled breathing and her sunny smile turned to tears. Her presents were ignored. Her cupcake was crumbled uneaten (which was actually okay with me as I wasn't thrilled to be loading my healthy eater up with sugar at bedtime.)
Thankfully, we are going to see the beloved Dr. G for her 1 year well check tomorrow anyway. I just hope it isn't her ear again because I don't want to have The Tubes Talk. I know, I know, tubes are a routine procedure, no big deal, blah blah blah. That's all fine and good for someone else's baby, for YOUR baby, but the thought of having MY baby under anesthesia scares the snot out of me.
No need to get ahead of myself (as usual); we'll see what tomorrow's check-up determines.
Wishing my Bonnie Angel many, many more birthdays, all of them happier and healthier than today's was.
No comments:
Post a Comment