Monday, February 22, 2010

It Can No Longer Be Denied

my last baby's birthday is tomorrow.

I cannot believe it. Seriously.

If Jack's first year was a three-legged race in which I knew where I had to go but wasn't sure I was skilled enough to get there and Natalie's first year was a marathon through a desert and uphill all the way then Bonnie's first year was a 50 yard dash. I tried to pay attention, I really did, but looking back, it's all a blur as we sprinted from this


to this.

Fortunately, with me being me, there are 9,476,283 or so pictures of every big and little milestone along the way to remind me of what I fear I've forgotten. I may not have a baby book for Queen B but I documented every little bit of her life in my own way. You know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words, right? I'm banking on it.

Our Bonnie Girl is one in a million. Such a happy, easy baby, so full of joy and willing to go along for the ride wherever we choose to drag her.

From the moment we laid eyes on her, it was love at first sight.
And the love continues to grow (even when she wishes we would love her a little less strenuously.)

Happy birthday to you, my beautiful and amazing daughter who will always be my baby, even when you are introducing me to your own last, precious baby. May life give you all the joy that you have brought to Daddy and me.

2 comments:

Bethann said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Bonnie !

Lovely sentiment Christy.. I was waiting for this one. :)

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday, Bonnie! I have enjoyed watching you blossom the past 12 months. :)