I've always said that weddings and funerals bring out the worst in people. I would like to add snow to that list.
I just got back from walking my son to the bus stop. Thanks to those of you who shoveled out a path on the sidewalk. For those of you who didn't and forced us to walk in the street -- something I've taught my children not to do since they were big enough to walk -- thanks for giving me the chance to teach my son that not everyone in the world shows consideration for others. Seriously, don't worry about us walking in the slippery street as cars come at us. We'll be just fine. It's more important that you completely dug out your car and driveway. You are obviously more important than anyone who needs to walk on the sidewalk so don't worry about us peons.
Tom helped the elderly widow next door shovel out her sidewalk. Wish she hadn't paid back his kindness by putting her trashcans in the middle of the path, resulting in Jack climbing around them and falling into a snow pile. He'll be so comfy at school today, sitting there in wet pants. Awesome.
To the mom of the 5th grader who dropped him at the bus stop and then stayed parked there on the main road calling "I love you!" to her mortified kid until the bus came: Cut. The. Cord. Seriously. The dude in the truck that cursed you out when he had to go around you? Yeah, he shouldn't have used that language in front of kids BUT he shouldn't have had to drive around your BMW into a snowbank like that either. At least pull onto the side street if you need to see little poopsie get on the bus for yourself. Trust me, though, he would have been fine taking three steps from the sidewalk to the bus without you. Honestly, I swear he would have been.
Time to try to back the van out of the driveway to take The Madam to school for her belated Valentine's party.
Winter, I fucking hate you.
No comments:
Post a Comment