Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Maybe the USA for Africa Gang Will Reunite to Feed My Son

Mr. Jack was doing his best to put off bedtime tonight. Nothing new there. In a recurring theme, he was begging for food because he was "really starving!!!" even though he had a snack before his bath.

C, exasperated after a LONG day: Jack! Go to bed NOW! You are NOT hungry, you are just stalling!

J, mournfully: But I'm STARVING, Mommy. I only get to eat one time now. That's the worst part of school. Just one time to eat. ONE TIME. That's really hard for me, Mom. It makes me really hungry right now.

C, weakening: Bud, c'mon. You are so tired, sweetie. I hear it in your voice. Go have sweet dreams while I make your lunch for tomorrow.

J: Lunch! Lunch is the terrible point in my day! Seeing all that food I don't like around me gives me a cold vibration in my tummy. It's really not a good feeling, Mom.

C, desperately trying to maintain a straight face: Well, buddy, all I can say is don't look around you. Concentrate on your own lunch. Speaking of, I really need to make it right now.

J, sighing: Okay, Mommy. But you know me, not looking around is really hard for me to do.

Seriously.

It gives him a cold vibration. In his tummy.

Good Lord, where does he get the DRAMA? Wait, don't answer that. Especially if you are Tom.

1 comment:

Gween said...

In his defense....it really is hard not to look around.
;)