Worries, big and little, are not nagging at me for now. Sure, I miss my Dad and the garage door needs replacing and we have 3 college tuitions coming up way sooner than I care to consider but I'm not thinking about all of that stuff right now. I'm living in THIS moment, not past sorrows or future worries.
The house is clean, a great song is on the iPod and my precious almost-toddler is showing off her clapping skills. I just found out when my dear friend is having her baby and it's thrilling. I love babies -- mine, yours, strangers' -- and it makes me so happy to know that there will be another one in my life soon. (Even better -- one I can hug and cuddle and then hand back for all matters involving crying, poo and 3 a.m. breastfeeding!)
If I could, I'd live in this state of grace forever. The only thing that would make it better was if my big kids and my sweetheart were here, too. Duh, I guess it's not perfect then but close enough. Hey, I'll take it. Sometimes good enough is the same as perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment