Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ultrasound on Tuesday

I had a prenatal visit with the nurse today.  I expected it to be a waste of time and was surprised to find that it was actually scary and depressing instead due to my "advanced maternal age."  Amniocentesis, chorionic villi sampling...egads.   I'm leaning towards NO since I wouldn't abort and a 20 foot needle to the abdomen is not my idea of good times.  I also have to go for an early glucose tolerance test b/c of my age and weight.  NICE.  

I asked for an u/s and the nurse said she'd write the Rx but couldn't guarantee that my HMO would cover it.  Whatever, dude.  I'll beg, borrow, steal or pull a Nancy Botwin to get a peek in there.  No way can my nerves hold out for another 13 weeks.  I'll most likely have to take the dynamic duo with me.  Hopefully it will have a better outcome than the last u/s the three of us had.

No comments: