That is how I feel these days. Constant sick stomach, sluggishness and slight headache. Exhausted like I was out all night, breathing in the smoke of 1000 unfiltered cigarettes. It reminds me of how I'd feel after a particularly lively night at Cockeyed's in Scranton. I don't know how regular hard drinkers can live like this. The strangest part is that the only thing that relieves my stomach is food and yet food is the last thing I want when I feel ready to hurl at any given second. I'm not complaining, mind you. "They" say that morning sickness (a misnomer if ever there was one!) is a good sign of a strong pregnancy so I'm happy to feel like I'm coming off a bender. I just wonder how steeped in medical fact the whole sick = healthy baby theory is. Like have studies proven it to be true or is this just something people say to console preggos, like telling a bride that it's good luck to have rain on her wedding day?
Crazy things that give me the dry heaves:
- My hair in my mouth. OMG, I don't even want to think about someone else's getting in there.
- Feet - mine, yours, even the kids. Just seeing toes turns me green. Curses on all flip flops!
- Natalie's potty. Why oh why do we have such giant toilets? They are just too tall for her, even with a stool, so she needs to use the potty when she makes a twosie. Cleaning that out is...I can't even finish the thought.
- Straws. It's like a mini stomach pump. Bad times indeed. And yet I can brush my teeth without issue. So weird.
2 comments:
Half and half, I think. I mean, only a little more than half of all women experience morning sickness (I didn't). That said, it's the hormones that cause it, so if you *do* have it, it's an extra sign of a strong developing placenta.
I have had morning sickness with all 3 of my pregnancies and so far so good on the healthy pregnancies/babies. The one thing I truly couldn't stomach this time around was when Lexi needed help getting the last of her soggy corn flakes. Something about the texture of those, even though I wasn't the one eating them, was enough to do me in.
Post a Comment