Jack wants to name the baby "Baby Sheemee." That is the imaginary little brother he made up for his eebee doll. I guess we'll be calling the little one Sheemee for lack of a better moniker until the big ultrasound on 10/8. Goodness, the way children's minds work never ceases to amaze me. He absolutely thinks it's a boy and has been talking about the baby boy who will live with us and use his old stuff for well over a year now. Tom and I really have a girl vibe though. It will be interesting to see who is right. Oooooh, if only we could find out now! I hate calling the baby "it." So impersonal. I wish I could fast forward to October!!! Hell, if we are fast forwarding, might as well go all the way to delivery day in February.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
The cat is out of the bag
Tom told Jack about the baby. I am afraid that it's too soon and fear that he will be devastated if we have to tell him something went wrong. I tried to backpedal by saying that the doctor had to look at the report and decide if there was really a baby in there but he wouldn't allow a drop of rain to fall on his parade. The Boy is so excited. Tom told him that it's a secret and that he can't tell anyone. Jack thought about it and then whispered, "Okay, but can we tell Mommy? She should know that it's in her belly." Later, he came running up to me and as I braced for impact, he stopped short, bent over to put his mouth on my tummy and whispered in a sweet little voice, "Baaaabeeeee! What's your name, baby?" OMG, if I wasn't already sitting, the flood of love for him would have brought me to my knees. Madam is oblivious. If she "got it," she'd be whispering, "Baaaaabeeee! What's the return address so we can send you back, baby?" No shit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a sweetie Jack is. It's amazing their reactions, isn't it? Both girls love to give the baby hugs and whisper hi to my belly. Sam wanted to name the babies (when she was convinced we were having two..thank goodness she was wrong there) Flik and Atta. Now she wants to name the baby Snake. Both of my girls think this will be a girl...or hope maybe? I still don't have a feeling.
Aww, that's so sweet! And great news about the ultrasound. I don't envy you a certain someone's jealousy, though. Especially if your vibe is correct. I'm all excited, too! I probably won't have anymore (unless it starts raining money), and the last one I had decided she was no longer a baby by seven months, so I'm liking the idea of a baby close by.
The "shouldn't we tell mommy" line made me laugh and cry at the same time. I heart Jack.
Post a Comment