He came in all quiet and sulky which translates to "I know I was an ass but I'll try my best to turn this around." No dice. Don't promise a pregnant food addict her favorite meal and then renege. He'll be getting me Moe's very soon though, oh yes he will. Not tonight since he is having a special night with his sister but in the very near future, I'll be served a tofu burrito and chips by my loving, contrite husband. Bet on that.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Almost made myself a widow last night
Tom went to a work happy hour for a (homewrecking slut of a) coworker who is moving on to greener pastures (with lots of new married men to stalk.) I knew it would be fun for him since all the guys from his old department would be there and that I have nothing to worry about from the slut so I said sure, have a great time. He called on the way to the party and offered to stop by Moe's, my latest Mexican food obsession, on the way home. I bathed and bedded the unwilling kids, started up the Mad Men marathon I taped last weekend and settled down to wait for my tofu burrito. By 8:30, I started getting concerned b/c Moe's closes at 9:00. When 9:00 hit, I stomped upstairs to make some soup and decide which kitchen knife to use when I disemboweled the man who promised to love, honor and feed me for life. Boyfriend called at 9:44 to ask if I had eaten yet. I snapped, "Of course, since Moe's closed FORTY FOUR MINUTES AGO!!!" Radio silence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No kidding! Don't promise a pregnant woman food you don't know for sure you can get. Glad Tommy Boy is still living!
Post a Comment