Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Random Thoughts, Some of Which I Probably Shouldn't Share

  • It is not possible to play Pearl Jam's "Unthought Known" loud enough. It might be my most favorite song ever.
  • I'm starting to think I have early onset Alzheimer's because I keep forgetting things. Often. Like which cabinet has cups and which has dishes. Like why I'm standing with the fridge door open. Like my address. I was actually going to blog about how I forgot 3 things within 2 days and then I couldn't remember 2 of the 3 things I forgot but I forgot to blog about it. Until now.
  • My forgetfulness is kind of scaring me a little. Okay, a lot. I should really remember where we keep the cups and what my house number is, right?
  • Music always sounds better 1.) in the car 2.) on the radio (versus CD or iPod b/c of the surprise factor involved ) and/0r 3.) at night. I have no idea why but I defy anyone to convince me otherwise.
  • Bonnie is not my favorite -- I don't have a solid favorite, it depends on who is causing me the least trouble in any given moment -- but there is something special about that baby. I am definitely enjoying her babyhood more than Jack's or Nat's. What's weird is that I don't feel guilty about it and believe me, I feel guilty about everything.
  • I am so thankful that we didn't listen to people who said, "You have a boy and a girl! Why would you have another one???" when we'd say we were going for a third. Idiots.
  • Jack and Natalie are developing a sense of sarcasm. The Madam especially seems gifted with it. No surprise there, right? I kind of love it. That may change when they turn it around on me but it's fun for now.
  • You'd have to ask my husband and my mother for confirmation but I've never been one of those crazy chicks who gets all moody or nasty and blames it on PMS. That being said, my mid-cycle blog posts tend to be sappy and my late-cycle posts are often snarky. Feel free to track the trend. Chocolate donations at the appropriate time will be much appreciated.
  • One of the preschool moms told me that she thinks it must be hard to move to Delaware because everyone here has known every one else forever and it's super cliquey. She is so right. When I thought about it, all of the friends I have made here are transplants just like me. Interesting, isn't it?
  • When people ask me if I ever plan to make money from taking pictures, it stresses me out. Big time. It's just a hobby. That's all I ever want it to be. Doing more would take the fun out of it.
  • The older I get, the less I believe in my ability to do anything well with the exception of raising kind, responsible children. I'm doing a bang-up job with that.
  • Sometimes when I get up at night to go to the bathroom or feed the baby, I worry that an intruder threw Tom in the closet and took his spot in bed next to me. I almost peed my pants when it happened on a "Criminal Minds" rerun last night. I really have to stop watching that show.
  • I absolutely cannot believe how close to 40 I am. It takes my breath away and not in a good way.
  • I have to remind myself how young the kids are when I start getting worked up over how we have never gone to Disney World. Or The Smithsonian. Or watched Goonies. Hi, they aren't even in grade school yet. Like so many parents today, I am guilty of wanting to rush my kids into doing things before they need to be done. Nobody ever died from not going on a cruise by the time they turned 8.
  • I am seriously tired of housework. SERIOUSLY tired of it. Some days it feels like all I do. And now I better get back to it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I now have a google acount so I can respond directly yo your blogs.
I totally agree about the music comment. It is so funny...I absolutely cannot listen to loud music in the morning and a song I couldn't hear enough last night does nothing for me in the morning. Which may be why I listen to the radio on the way to work and my ipod on the way home. I don't care so much about what song comes on in the morning. And, the part about the radio is also so true. Anytime i hear "Sexual Healing" by Maximilian or "Paradise City" GnR on the radio I get excited like I am 5 and it is Christmas morning. I have both songs on my ipod and canlisten to them whenever I want but it's as if I struck gold when they come on on the radio.

DOn't worry too much about your forgetfulness. It is a side effect of being tired and sleep deprived. I bet it gets better when Bonnie sleeps the whole night.

Sharon said...

Disney is overrated. ;)

Your crew looks happiest when they are all together--no matter where.